Documentation to submit with the application:
- A) Valid passport or travel title, recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of 1 year.
- B) Certificate of criminal record, or equivalent document, if the applicant is of legal age, issued by the authorities of the country
- of origin or of the countries where he has resided in the last 5 years.
- C) Documentation that proves that you have sufficient economic means for you and your family to live in Spain.
- D) Documentation that shows that you have a private or public health insurance contract with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain. There are many companies that can prepare this type of insurance. We will help you in this point.
- E) Medical certificate that proves that you do not suffer any of the diseases that can have serious public health repercussions in accordance with the provisions of the 2005 International Health Regulations.
DECISION ON THE APPLICATION
Once the application has been presented to the Spanish Consulate, the Delegation or Sub-delegation of Government decides on the authorisation of the non lucrative visa residency.
The Delegation or Sub-delegation of Government will study the granting of the authorization (not the visa) of non- lucrative residence once the following requirements have been verified:
- a) Lack of criminal record in Spain;
- b) Not be within the period of commitment of no return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed voluntarily return to their country of origin.
Once these requirements have been studied, the Government Delegation or Sub-delegation will issue a resolution within a period of one month from the request and will inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation so that the diplomatic mission or the consular office is aware of the decision.
If the resolution is favorable, the temporary non-lucrative residence authorization will be subject to the issuance of the visa by the diplomatic mission or consular office and the entry of the foreigner in Spain.
For this purpose, it will analyze compliance with the remaining requirements of this type of residence, that is, those provided for in letters a), b), c), d), e), g) and h) of Article 46 of the Regulation of Immigration, which are:
- a) Not to be found irregularly in Spanish territory;
- b) Lack of criminal record in the previous countries where he has resided during the last 5 years, for crimes foreseen in the Spanish legal system;
- c) Have sufficient financial means;
- d) Have a private or public health insurance contract with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain;
- e) Not suffer from any of the diseases that can have serious public health repercussions as foreseen in the International Health Regulations of 2005 and;
- f) To have paid the fee for processing the procedures
DEADLINE TO COLLECT THE VISA
Once the diplomatic mission or consular office has notified the granting of the visa, the applicant must personally collect it within a maximum period of 1 month.
If the applicant does not collect the visa within that period it will be understood that he has waived the visa granted.
DEADLINE THAT THE APPLICANT HAS TO ENTER IN SPAIN
The applicant must enter Spain within the period of validity of the visa, which will never be longer than 3 months (Art. 48.8 of the Immigration Regulations).
Finally, once the foreigner is in Spain, he / she will have to apply for the Foreigner’s Identity Card (known as TIE) within 1 month. This procedure is carried out before the corresponding immigration office or police station (Art. 48.8 of the Immigration Regulations).
At this point we will also personally help you obtain the card (TIE).
This procedure can be summarized as follows:
- a) Application for non-lucrative residency before the diplomatic mission or Spanish consular office
- b) Decision on the authorization (non-visa) of non-lucrative residency by the Delegation or Sub-delegation of Government;
- c) Decision on the non-lucrative residency visa by the diplomatic mission or Spanish consular office;
- d) Collection of the visa in the diplomatic mission or Spanish consular office.
- e) Entry into Spanish territory and;
- f) Application and obtaining of the Foreigner Identity Card.
The initial authorization is valid for 1 year, then the renovation must be done.
Unlike the initial non lucrative residence permit, the renewal of this authorization is made in Spain, specifically in the immigration office of the place where you are resident.
The renewal application must be submitted within 60 calendar days prior to the expiration date or within 90 days after its expiration. In both cases, the presentation of the renewal application will extend the validity of the initial non-lucrative residency authorization until the renewal decision (Art. 51.1 of the Immigration Regulations).
Although the application for renewal of the non-lucrative residency can be submitted during the 90 days after its expiration, it should be noted that in this case there would be a slight infraction in matters of Inmigration Law that could result in the imposition of a fine of up to 500 euros (Arts 52.b) and 55.1.a) of the Immigration Law).
At all times we will be advising you and helping you in this process. Our job would be to advise you in the preparation of the necessary documentation to present with a direct contact with the Consulate or Consular Office and once you have obtained the visa and made your entry into Spain, we will accompany you in the TIE application.
I hope you have helped, for any questions please feel free to contact us.